Friday, May 5, 2023


Once upon a dream

I had my own little shop. It was in the open air yet enclosed. Walls came, and went as did roof, and sky. It was full of cute gewgaws' I’d collected or made over the years. Toys figures books clothing with bright images. A personal fun sort of shop. All was for trade or free.

When I made things back in the day. I made them to give. I only sold when I needed supplies to make more. In the dream there was a Dino section all mixed with little doll folks' cars, and such. Just like the Evangelicals, and the Flintstones said there were.

There was a Cat she took care of this dream place when I was awake. When I dreamed, I'd be there chatting with folks as they came or tidying up…dusting arraigning. Cat was in the office doing the books as I puttered. The shop shifted to open air. A wind came. Blowing the leaves of my books rippling the dresses on the dolls. It rained, but nothing got wet. It just poured and poured. Cat, and I sat, and watched. Dry as two pebbles a sunny day.  

Dreams may be the only innocent place in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment