Wednesday, June 19, 2019

"UFO"


"Once upon a Time"
There was that what we think was a for real abduction of myself, and my Aunt Sybil from her backyard in 1956. They said it was a dream,...yeah sure it was.A dream so they told me.
As for what it actually was those that know have a lock on it. The rest of us can only wonder.
As for our encounter with what I remember as eight foot tall mechanical guys of some sort, and being taken into the air...seeing the whole damned city in detail. Including the rusty tops of all the bridges...which it turns out they were. What with no real maintenance since before the war...WW2.
I mean well.
That, and seeing their mother ship from inside which looked like a gigantic silver airplane hanger full of all sorts of glowing whiz bangs and bunches of weird folks, and more robots. Well of course any 5 year old could just make this up having never read science fiction seen monster movies or even heard of Superman yet.. I made it up or it was a dream.
Look whatever it was it was seriously weird shit.
Something happened to me, and Auntie. What it really was they'll never let us know. They say it's good to have mysteries. Well this is certainly one.

Stumble ahead 15 years, and there was that stuff my brother ran into the week he got back from Vietnam. He was driving up the N.Y. State Thruway in the middle of the bleeping night going to our summer cabin to chill out. I mean having been in actual combat a week before this was sort of understandable.
( Btw note that working class folks could afford summer cabins back in the day,...a lost world indeed.)
Well just like in grade "Z" movies some blob of rainbow light buzzes the car then the battery goes dead. So there's my dear brother fresh from war with a fucking UFO circling him, and dad's new 1970 Buick.
Swell huh.
Eventually Gort, and Kang get tired of fucking with him, and split straight up at a zillion mph. Like any sensible G.I. John gets the fuck out of there. He makes an illegal U-turn over the divide, and heads back to Brooklyn...where it's safe. I mean relative to Planet X.

Like I sez,....Mysteries.
Yeah we had us a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment