Thursday, December 2, 2021

"...faith"



“December 2, 2020, ...Day 282″

It’s the two Hundred, and Eighty Second Day in my Pandemic Isolation within my cute, but humble Digs. I’m fine. I worked through the Spring painting plastering cleaning re-fitting the place. Then in summer I hibernated in air conditioning watching old movies.
That, and playing music loudly.
Sometimes very loudly. Like everyone else. My Vaughn Williams, and Beatles to other’s classic Snoop Dog. In fall I went back to work for a bit. However, I found that I was painting where I painted, and plastered where I plastered…so I stopped.
‘Built model kits for a while. Performed stories to the walls. Made art things. Slept a lot ate too much then hardly at all. Went nuts went sane went holy went not so holy then back to where I began.
This has been our 2020. This has been our life in war time.
This is a war. A real one. What’s happened to the world, and this country is what war would have done to us. More than a Quarter Million dead in our republic. The economy in ruins the people confused angry divided. Our job in all that was to just stay home keep faith, and wait. And so, I did. So we do. So you, and I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment