Sunday, August 21, 2022

“…it ain’t over yet”

 


More from my COVID-19 Journals

As I post in August 2021 the Delta Virus mutation rages. States again overwhelmed.

This post below from the very first days in NYC during the COVID Pandemic.

Beginning of Social Lockdown March 23rd, 2020.

There, and back again. My adventure out getting my meds and doing essential errands. Both the streets, and trains were empty. I was mostly alone. Like a Sunday morning at 5am. On the streets I was not within 50 feet of anyone. I took care of my affairs. Went to the also empty supermarket. I checked first for crowds. …empty. However, price gouging had begun.

When I came home I showered. Washed with an alcohol-soap solution as they say. Put my things in a laundry bag and sprayed with disinfectant. Army helicopters buzzing about. NY Air National Guard I assume. I saw an Army medical convoy on the parkway. Coming from the direction of the airport. TV sez an effective vaccine could be two years away. Life in wartime.  

The earth abides. 

Trees are budding much more than when I was last out. Grass starting to poke up. There was no mail delivered. No current newspaper at the market.  I’m starting dinner. Rice veggies chicken. All is quiet. Life goes on.

* I'm re-posting the above in August 2022.

Trump was voted out but attempted a coup to stay on as a kind of President for life. He made history. It was our first violent transfer of government. Our new President Joe Biden this fall will be halting the government paying for Covid Booster shots. Almost none wear masks now. Covid is still here. In fact, President Biden has it again...he's 79. I fear he won't make it. We're at a fuzzy crossroad of the Pandemic. It's waning but mutating. Yet some remain cautious...I sure am. 

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment