Saturday, April 15, 2023


FB Memory. Once upon a time.
From my Covid Journals. April 10, 2020. 

The Emerald City is empty. Manhattan is striking. Empty.
This in mid-day. Including Times Square. I didn’t plan on going into Manhattan.
I went to my pharmacy and just stayed on the empty subway till I got there.

Everything shut. I decided to walk down the middle of 42nd Street.
Walked the Times Square traffic line in midday. No cars no cops just a few bikes.
It looked like an end of the world movie. Things smelled different.
Industry shut the air cleansing itself. The sky is noticeably bluer.

My social distance was three blocks.
Saw some folks far ahead likely tourists.
Airports shut so they may have come on an ocean liner.
Some are still foolishly going around the world.
Floating petri dishes. Such times. Be safe be well.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment