Saturday, April 15, 2023


From my Temporal Journals.

Once upon a time: Peach Bonnet Nebraska March 21st 4:26pm 1904~CE.
An early Tuesday evening. Hazy stars were appearing through snowflakes in the wind.
The quiet strikes you. Streets unpaved shops gas lit. So quiet.
A woman with a child came out of a Sundry store. A 7-11 to us. The child four? Born with the new century. The woman grinned and nodded the child also smiled. People not yet afraid of strangers. I walked this place. This peaceful though complex human place. So confident of their past, and proud of the present. So unknowing of what's to come.

I took a snapshot of a woman walking ahead of me.
This with a period box camera. As new to them as 3-D iPhones would be to us.
I’ll return in their subjective Summer. Months to them days to me.
Peach Bonnet will be in full leaf.
Set my dark matter pocket watch and portaled home.
Home to a troubled wounded future.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment