Tuesday, December 29, 2020

“…In this Episode”

 


FB dumped another memory on me.

This from three years ago today. I should compile all my pre-COVID emergency room posts in one file. Make a neat comic book.
It begins:
So there I was minding my own damned business trying to sleep when all fucking hell breaks loose.
It felt like a stroke or heart attack coming on. I bleeping googled it not wanting ‘ever’ to go back to a hospital. Sure enough I had every heart attack symptom there was.
At one bleeping am I called the meat wagon to get me to the slaughterhouse. When they think they’ve got either a stroke or heart attack "in coming” they make room for you in a big way. They was pushing victims aside getting me to the ER!
They worked me over good too.
They actually cut my shirt off when I went into shakes. They were all ready to do their thing on me. I was attached to everything in the room. 'But then,...
They calmed down…didn’t tell me shit.
However I could see the fun for over. Muscle spasms massive gas build up dehydration body fatigue. Next time I’m pretty sure it’ll be for real so I asked “...what are my odds."
I was told to exercise eat right try to have a positive attitude that sort of bullshit. I told her "I’m a breath from 70”, and wanted it straight. “How long have I got”. …just like they say in the movies.
She dodged the point by saying as they always do that I’m in very “good health for a person my age”. In other words don’t make any long term plans pal.
…and here we are.
Anyway they fixed all that muscle spasm mayhem with meds shots 'n stuff. ’…gave me assorted prescriptions to pad the Medicare bill. They also gave me valium. ...extreme anxiety panic attack…the freaking shakes. Couldn’t control it. It just came on. They said it sometimes happens to folks my age after a trauma.
Swell.
Later they gave me transport home.
Being shirtless in the snow. They gave me one of them open butt smock things to wear on the way. Think I’ll put it on for next Halloween.

’And that’s what I did for da holidays.

What else is on da radio?

No comments:

Post a Comment