Sunday, March 20, 2022

"...more lonely planets"

 


I witnessed the first price gouging at the supermarket today. Bread has gone up. ...when it's there. Dairy is wildly up 30%+.
This is of course illegal.
The folks were not happy with this, and made it known. There was still yelling when I left. The Mayor just spoke about this the other day. How measures were underway to prevent this sort of thing.
We'll see.
I was going to go out, and document this on going virus event. That, and post it here. However friends made clear this was on the suicidal side of unwise. ...perhaps they have a point.
On the up side.
Twice today neighbors in my building looked in on me. One from downstairs said she saw me hauling laundry. She offered to take care of that for me.
Later from across the hall my new neighbor. He just moved in with his family. He knocked asking if I was okay. He also offered to help. Said he could shop for me. Pick up stuff when he goes out for his family.
I needed to tell you guys this.
People are good at heart.
Despite my cynical grumpiness I always believed that. Like Anne Frank wrote how folks are basically good. Despite everything. It seems they are.
Other that all that it's a warm summer like evening in the Emerald City.
It's due to Climate alterations, but still a nice evening.
You all be well out there.

From my Facebook page March 24th 2020.

Comments:

  • Dante Rossi
    I love you Uncle. Take care....
    2
    • Love
    • Reply
    • 1y
  • Marilyn Brooke
    Human nature I’m afraid...
    • Love
    • Reply
    • 1y
  • Holme Nobie
    Oh good to know the angels that I sent your way showed up
    2
    • Love
    • Reply
    • 1y
  • Di Burns
    As far as the issue of "price gouging" goes, it's a complex issue. I had a long conversation with a local fresh produce supervisor at my small local supermarket. He says that now that night curfews are down for trucks entering the towns, suburbs and cities at all hours to be able to deliver goods to retail outlets that can take them 24/7, there's a huge rush to get trucks with drivers and staff to load them. Every part of the process has been sped up to get products on shelves. That's more expensive when products come over long distances more often, so they have had to raise their prices to cover the extra costs of the higher demand.
    Sure, some are raising the prices of some products outrageously. They tend to be greedy individuals and small businesses taking advantage. Major online selling sites shut them down when they become aware of them.
    2
    • Like
    • Reply
    • 1y
  • Di Burns
    Now as for: "I was going to go out, and document this on going virus event. That, and post it here. However friends made clear this was on the suicidal side of unwise." Are you off your meds, living on another planet, stark staring crazy and ready for the men in white or WHAT??
    3
    • Haha
    • Reply
    • 1y
    • Di Burns
      Even on the other side of the world I can see what is going on in New York and other places from drone footage. 😂
      • Like
      • Reply
      • 1y
  • Sidney Smith
    "Are you off your meds?!!" ...was pretty much the response of everyone I know.
    2
    • Like
    • Reply
    • 1y
    • Di Burns
      Good. It was not a rational intention in your city. It would be fine in mine, but still we have been told to stay a metre and a half (almost 5 feet) away from others, even in the open.
      They had to shut down Sydney's famous Bondi Beach yesterday that … 
      See more
      No photo description available.
      2
      • Sad
      • Reply
      • 1y
  • Sidney Smith
    Part of it is that youngsters do not believe they can die. General Patton during WW2 said this is why they make such good soldiers,...it does. Many young people misunderstood that only small children were somewhat tho' not competely resistant. Teens, and 20's get it. 30% of cases in Italy are youths. I fear the kids will be massively infected.
    3
    • Like
    • Reply
    • 1y
    • Edited
  • Di Burns
    Yes. I've seen a video on the symptoms when they're more than the 'mild' that some are reporting. They all sound really unpleasant.
    You know how kids can be so stupid in their cars, especially with a few passengers or other carloads at night? The same no fear attitude only gets taken down a peg or two when their friends die unnecessarily, but then they'll forget and keep on being stupid after a while, regardless. It's the youth factor that will cause trouble with infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment