Monday, November 23, 2020

"...static"



I was just chatting with a FB pal about our lives, and what may be remembered of us. He linked me a video of an artist that shot an image of himself everyday for decades.

I unintentionally did this by being on the air for 36 years. I can listen to myself from my 20's through my mid-60's. I have six boxes of stored media holding some of this.
Some few may survive like old photos in the family. I wonder what my great grand Niece would make of distant Uncle Grampa riffing on what to make of iPods in 2002.

Or my live,...on tape walking the Hudson with radio comrades to NJ when the river froze from side to side in 1982.  We turned around a quarter way through as the ice was getting rather,...thin.

See below. My B'cast archives or some of it.
1977~2014 more or less. It could have gone back to 1969 if I could find the college radio stuff.
Times being what they are I sublet the roof of the archive for toy car parking.

I was listening to my 27 year old self doing station breaks announcements the weather, and interviews with assorted fanatics, and opportunists. How earnest BBC smarty pants, and utterly full of it I was. By my 40's to 60's I had advanced to my easy going bleep it attitude,...it was way more fun.

Every now, and then I listen to a random program. I just heard one from summer 1982. I was naively well intended. I'm younger than that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment