Thursday, November 19, 2020

"...time, and again"

 

 What with COVID I've written no new time travel stories.

There's the overt danger of infecting the past, and radically changing history. However here's a pre-Virus story from last Fall.
I set my Dark Matter watch for Central Park.
Just south of the Bridge. October 16th 4:02pm 1956~CE.
I come here often.
Temporal mechanics being as it is I never meet myself.
There's peace in this time in these few acres. The climate not yet visibly changed. A chill in the air the colors at peak.
In my base time of 2019 it would still be warm with no colors whatever. In this "when" gents in fedora's women in skirts children in cowgirl, and cowboy outfits. I remember I had one too.
Wind color clouds.
All here enjoy the peace of not knowing what's coming, and little of what's already happened. I sat on a 1956 park bench dressed for 2019. Yet as always in New York getting no notice.
I slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment