Monday, April 18, 2022

 "...another day in the life"



Meant to post this last week but forgot. I forget plenty these days. That’s okay it always comes back. This is a kind of self-editing. You get to reconsider when you remember the stupid stuff you were going to do or say. Unlike this post which I will share anyway. Once upon a time:

I opened my windows. Cool fresh air. Been ill and yucky for a bit. I’ve had more vaccine shots than I can count. So must just be a cold. In those romantic 19th century novels, they mention airing out the sick room. The ‘Velveteen Rabbit’ comes to mind. If nothing else things smell better.
We should always be clean and tidy to face the foe. In this case a cold.
First things first.
Started today w/a hot-hot-hot shower. Made the bed tidied up read emails. Then stared blankly at dark matter. The older we get the more like cats we become. Sleep eat stare be mysterious. Composed stories a few nutty rants. My doc recommended this. Keeps da mind active.
Does he think I'm going gaga?
Walked about the hood. Spring before our eyes. If you just stand there I swear you can see shoots sprout. Wandered home went through my documents. Found a recipe for apple turnovers written by my dad. He was a baker. One should keep the random notes of family and friends. It's part of the story and should be remembered.
Napped watched live streams of folks'n places around the world. The last some soul just quietly wandering the streets of Bordeaux. …in the rain. Loves them rain videos. I miss going to real places. Like when I woke up on Mars that time. See below.
Time drifted and it was evening…how did that happen? Put dinner on. A collaged veggie soup.
I figure some parts of it were bound to work. Btw what they say about colds and liquids is true. Hose ya self-down with juices teas water. Hold the Pepsi.
Granted not a thrilling day…this time. A month ago I wandered into a shoot out. Ten shots and the maniac missed us all. He was as surprised as us. The quality of Brooklyn lunatics like everything else has fallen. Mass shooting all over our republic now. Be brave be smart be kind.
Such was a day in the life. I am heartfully grateful to have had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment