Monday, April 18, 2022



Thanksgiving in my Aunt Geraldine’s 1956 knotty pine finished basement…remember those? Btw there I am the cute kid last on right about to eat an entire pie! …nothing has changed there.

There’s my sister Sylvia who went on to be a scholar, and journalist. She’s on top-right in my mother’s Carmen’s arms. Just to the left of Ma is Aunt Geraldine who was a musician actress, and composer.
Myself, last on lower right. I just yacked on da radio. Family is still waiting for me to get a real job. My dear late brother John opposite me on left. He was a decorated combat vet also later scholar then a successful business person. After the Vietnam War he became an activist for homeless veterans. Commended by two Presidents from both parties for that work.
Time, and the world have taken them all. Except for my sister Sylvia, and myself. We all have history. We all have family. We all every one of us have worthy ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment