Wednesday, July 13, 2022



Another short time portal story from my series.

I set my Dark Matter pocket watch for farthest than I've ever gone.
Three thousand years.
5020~CE.
Specifically, the Bronx July 26th 11:16am 5020~CE. I figured that part of the former City would be above water. ...it was. There you see below the ancient subway exit of the #2 IRT line. The 241st Street Wakefield Avenue stop.
I climbed the overgrown stone stairway to an open air of wilderness.
A much larger daytime moon was in the sky.
What was still of the city was engulfed in tropical rain forest. Much as the Inca cities were before it.
It was very hot, and humid. Giant dragonflies flew above.
No trace of people as far as I could see.
Though they may be further inland. 3k years is long enough for a successor culture to take root, I hope. However, New York the portions above the deeper ocean I saw was or will be home to insects, and small mammals.
I sat on a moss covered log and read my emails.
Oh, how brief are empires.

No comments:

Post a Comment