Tuesday, July 19, 2022

 "...RFD"


This rant inspired by a dear old comrade's soon attendance at her 60th Kindergarten Reunion. This shows how varied American culture is. Kindergarten Reunions like Black Barber Shop Culture are things that make American great ...again. Well, that and 80's Gay bar music but that's another rant.

See music in comments.
As a little kid I remember them barber shops as the only places folks told the truth about life. I recall their reaction to 'Sputnik' yeah, I'm that old. Them Shop folks really didn't like sending that doggo and later others to die in the unfunny monotonous void. Black folks 'really' likes animals. A southern culture holdover. 'But I digress.
'Kindergarten' seemed a profoundly suburban TV sitcom thing. This as opposed to them giant Southern Family Reunion Bar-B-Q's. Which also makes America great. They're common for folks in the South of all races. Odd they never showed up on 'Mayberry RFD'. Btw there's a seriously big regional industry for assorted reunion merchandise. Including stuff involving helicopters. ...???

As for kindergarten most of us were usually just dumped into first grade like totally untrained raw draftees sent to the front. Then told 'good luck' see you after high school. I mean I'd heard of kindergarten...but why? From my urban and class warfare life experience it seemed as remote, and bizzaro world as cotillions. I'm not against them I just don't get it...sort of like bicycles for cats. Eh which now that I think about it could be a new thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment