Tuesday, October 4, 2022

"...Joey"


I told the story on my page of “Joey”. He was a trans kid…boy to girl. This in 1961 when we were both 11. We all have history Women Queers Trans and all other identities. Even people that design kites.  Part of my family was in show business, so my folks had seen a wider world. My being a Queer kid wasn’t traumatic for them. …mostly. They knew since I was born. Consistently screwing up at math was another matter. 

So they didn’t call an exorcist when Joey and I did makeup in the garage. However, my Ma given those time always said ‘only do this in the house’…fearing for our safety. Joey’s family except for his sister gave him hell. Our house was his safe place. I love my folks for that. 

Come to remember it the guys on the block we fine with him…he was just Joey. Kids I think have other concerns than ritual tribal hatreds. They some of them in time fall into it. However, in our early beginnings we’re innocent. Would we could all find our way back to that .

Joey was a special soul. Sweet gentle kind brilliant. Born in the wrong era as so many. He took his life when he was in his 20′s. The cruelty became too much. I wrote this so his story or part of it would be known. He lived walked this earth and gave only love.

No comments:

Post a Comment