Monday, September 10, 2018

"Rememberance of Things Past"


As I Please, Saturday morning at 6 over WBAI 99.5FM (NYC) or wbai.org.
(This posted on September 10th 2014.)
A good portion of this show is dedicated to Sid Smith, so beloved, so revered, so respected that Management took special steps to make sure he would enjoy his retirement. His absence from the air is a sure sign of the lack of intelligence of management at BAI, at Pacifica . . . indeed, in general. But he can be found on Facebook, thank goodness.
Sid has been one of my best buddies for a long long time; he knows without undue explication what Kafka's "A Hunger Artist" is all about. Sid is alive, and fairly well, thanks, and ranks among the best. I am better for knowing him, and maybe he's better no longer involved with BAI. What do you say, Sid??
This is an excerpt from a poem by E Muir.
( The above underserved praise from my late very dear friend Simon Loekle.)

The above was posted years ago on Face Book by my late beloved friend Simon Loekle. So many have passed. I loved...love them all. I so hope the myths of some sort of after reality is true. I'd love to hang out with old friends like Simon. 

We'd laugh so!

No comments:

Post a Comment