Saturday, December 7, 2019

“…stillness”

Here’s a little story about Bill Watson. 
He was the best radio Classical music host~presenter on Earth back in the 20th century. His last on air post was with the public station I wasted my life at,…long story. Back in the early 1980’s there was a rash of violent racial incidents in town about like now. 
Bill said to me If things got really bad I could stay at his country place for safety. He made me a copy of the keys detailed map, and said, “…if you have to don’t call just go, and stay there!” 
People make fun or now have contempt for Liberals having no idea of all they gave. Well these folks saved lives, and nearly mine as well. Below was his radio theme music.
He would begin each show reciting,…
“Here will we sit and let the sounds of music
Creep in our ears. Soft stillness and the night
Become the touches of sweet harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment