Thursday, October 18, 2018

"A Dream"



A desert. There's war. We're racing away from defeat. 
Our engines over-heating. 
Red dust. 
The wreckage of earlier column's. Storms rise.
Rocky plains. Is this Mars? Is this a far future Fourth Planet War?
Static of the coms. Voices indistinct. 
A village carved out of the side of a mountain. 
The column pulls up. I dismount, and walk.
A path that leads to open air galleries. There are people living in peace here. 
Outside the war I'm running from or to.
There are children ahead herding sheep. A running stream. They pass through.
I follow.
Women dressed in sky blue Abayas. Designs as bright as brass on their hands faces. As if they were born with them,...Mars?
One looks at me with questions.
I hear the roar of the tanks. The War has found us.
It begins to snow.
This dream melts away.
Morphs into other places other people.


No comments:

Post a Comment