Sunday, January 22, 2023

"...2023"

 


'Unstuck in time' as Kurt Vonnegut put it. We can experience events out of sequence. Tonight, was my Christmas Night. My Yuletide. Read notes from my parent's aunts. My father a baker. Read his recipe for pecan pie. Letters from my brother when he was in the war. Tech notes from my broadcast life Letters from listeners. Listened to music I loved viewed old photos. A life. We have them. I had a life. 

Thinking of the recent New Year's brunch at my sister's place. A moment. I had trouble standing. My nephew Keith and my grand- niece held me. Family. That moment was family. Listening now to Vaughan Williams 'On Christmas Night'.  Played it on-air in the day. It's 2023...imagine. Now if it would snow...just a little. Bless you all

No comments:

Post a Comment