Sunday, January 22, 2023

"...wings"

 


Doctor Who tells us: “Stories are where memories go when they’re forgotten.” So every story ever told is true.

My life once so full of responsibilities dramas. Such has become so simple. Quiet even. Days go by the earth abides. Had apple slices nuts and answered email. Made a shopping list...plan to go to the library. Cleaned the kitchen floor adjusted the radiator which Santa has yet to emerge from.  Sleep asymmetrical yet life a wonder.

My windows shudder with rain. Still no frost or snow on my sills. I want to fall asleep watching the snow then wake up to it as it makes trees and powerlines dance.  Social Services came by the other day to see if I was still alive...they do this. I enjoy the visits. They always comment on my digs. If you can’t be chic, be tidy.  One said she could walk blind folded through my rooms and bump into nothing. If she stayed clear of the bedroom maybe. They left I took a nap, and all was well in my world. Other than communing with spirits and memories. That's all I do now. Rinse...repeat. Upside I still live. Though now I am very aware. Aware of the unseen wings that daily brush me.

No comments:

Post a Comment