Saturday, January 21, 2023

"...stripes"

 


Of passing time and the habits of elders. A memory from my youth. As a lad I never understood the habit of some elders in clinging to a youthful appearance. Creams pigments wigs and such. As a lad and though my life I took my body changes as they came. Like Walt Whitman did. He was no saint. As is the custom now for historic figures dirt both real and contrived has been posted about him. Bleep it I still loves him. As I loved my elders no matter what they looked like. I’m to be 73 soon and rather happy for it. I earned every crease. These are my stripes and I proudly wear them. I didn't see the point then or now as an elder myself of hiding my age. Dentures however are another and far more practical matter. ...eh no despite the hat I was ‘not’ in the Civil War

No comments:

Post a Comment