Friday, June 9, 2023



Every day is Pride Day for everybody. No matter colors races faiths or none, orientations varieties of gender or hat size. In thinking of Trans souls. They have been in my life all of my life. I told the story of Joey. We were kids together in the early 60's Today he would be called Trans. Back then he and I were just 'different'. Played with dolls didn't curse or fight. loved colors and watching the skies. We didn't know we were Queer or any of the other labels that seem to change like clouds in the wind.

We were just kids living another kind life. Joey was made to suffer greatly for having two souls.
I always thought some folks have more than one soul. Which is why they love twice as much.
I miss Joey. He took his life in his twenties. The cruelty was finally too much. Perhaps we were both born too soon...or too late. So on this Pride Day one of 365 a year. I think of Joey and the skies so full of color we watched together.

No comments:

Post a Comment