Saturday, January 27, 2018

"...Spam"



The U.N. reports that 5 million Americans live in absolute poverty. That's the official term for 3rd world levels suffering.. "Absolute Poverty". 48 millions live in hardship or functional poverty. ...that's where I live.
This country is returning to poverty levels it had in the early 20th century when this was still a developing nation.

Seems we've gone from there to the world's largest middle class, and back down to pre-FDR levels of want in less than 100 years,...and the U.N. sez it's getting worse.

I live on the edge of poverty. I'm not in the "absolute poor",...yet. Though I go through periods of hunger. I still have tidy rooms heat water power a high speed connection thanks to Social Security family, and basic health care from Medicaid. I'm deprived yet luckier than some.

I've read 48 millions of Americans live exactly like me.

One step lower I join my sisters, and brothers in Chad Bangladesh or Somalia. That step can happen at any time.  However one manages. I've learned how to make the below last as long as three days.



...longer it spoils even in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment