Sunday, December 30, 2018

"...return"


I attempted a time jump. Error. No readings as to where or when.
The Shimmer,...an island. Heavily gardened. Folks about,...all old.
Including the smiling woman that approached me.

"Bout time you got here."
With a sweep of her hand she said, "...this place is an Elder ARK."

"Folks to 120, and more. Next island over there's a gal 135,...so she sez." She gave a wink. Emma which was is, and will be her name said, 
"The ARKS are islands of Age around the world."

"We gather by choice. We're flesh, and blood rememberers.
 Preservers of what was. Nurturers of what will yet be."

"This ARK is off the west coast of the former USA. She looked me dead on, "...A lot of changes Uncle"

My unit went to reboot.  I said I was headed to 1947.
She laughed, "...it ain't going nowhere."
Emma dug my books.

"You finally published. Just in the nick of time too!"
...??!!!
"I especially liked "Land of a Million Operas"
Again,...??!!!

"Most still think your Time Portal tales are fiction. Some knew better."

"Which is why you're here."

"We want to be part of the story"

I spent a day a night, and a day in their history. A time of world healing, and renewal. Of hope, and laughter.

I will return to this place.  

This time.

No comments:

Post a Comment