Monday, December 24, 2018

"Yule Eve"


Well I've been tinkering with my digs for a few days. Sometimes it just hits me, and I get up, and work on it. After sometimes years of meaning to. The building super was cool, and gave me some left over paint, and spackle.
It's contemplative.
One slowly evenly cleans plasters then brushes. It's like doing any work of art. In fact I nearly started a mini fresco in my hallway,...too narrow no perspective. Though maybe the bed room?
Yule Eve.
There, and back again. Home. How blessed I am to have one. Near 2,000,000+ don't. That number is nine years old.
I've found nothing more recent.
I have to assume it's over three millions now. 3,000,000+ That plus 50 millions that live in poverty.
This is more than the whole populations of many Western European nations. We should be ashamed, but we're not.
So as I make my home an art piece I'm profoundly mindful of those without. I was without a home for over a year.
I actually lived outside I slept in the rain, and snow. Looking back I shudder in disbelief. This exactly 10 years ago.
We must be mindful of all that do without. They're there even if we've become willfully blind to them.
We that have, no matter how humble, are each in our way blessed. I have a home, a family, and many friends that care if I live or die.
You in my immediate family, and my FB family came through for me. You came to my side this year in many different ways.
Thank you, and bless you all.
I will do my best to be there for you.
Happy Yule to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment