Wednesday, December 5, 2018

"Some back Story on the Angel in Question"


Above is the t-shirt I drew the design for about "Timmy Tom". These which I b'cast on WBAI radio, wbai.org, many years back. This was the first, as far as I know, Queer t-shirt for the radio station.

*(...there have been any number since, and not nearly as subdued or cute. However I think I was the first.)

The fact that it's Queer came as a surprise to many of the wearers. "...but I though it was just a cute Angel." Eh,...yes however.

Also I'm against censorship so dear Timmy up there was full frontal.
Said my dear pal Indra the Business manager for the station,...

"...Sydney for heaven's sakes! Many of our listener's might not want to walk around with some guy with his privates hanging out on their chests,...cover it up!"

Aw heck nobody had a sense of humor about it,...cover him up I did. Btw it was a best seller despite it's interesting origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment