Monday, May 30, 2022



FB just delivered this Memory. I decided to post it as nothing has changed. It saves me the trauma of writing another. Do we even know how many police killings or the ones we do to ourselves this year? So...Once upon a time.

May 20th, 2020. Forgive me If I'm not being pulled into the latest police killing of an unarmed Black person. I've seen this before. Many many times. It always ends the same.
Hand wringing pleas that it must change sorry for the dead.
In a few days we'll move on, and forget any of this happened.
Remember when you couldn't go online without seeing a phone video of an unarmed Black being beaten or shot point blank dead. If you're my age you remember when Niggers like me were actually lynched to no mention or caring.
As I said on another comment.
I remember our cities burning, and tanks in the streets.
Like now 60 years ago or 100 years ago. The routine murder of dark skinned people by white skinned people is okay.
Age gender or infirmity isn't or ever was a sanctuary.
In recent years an 86 year old Black man in Florida,...an 11 year old Black boy in Detroit.
All unarmed all shot dead by white cops.
This is not my problem to ponder.
It's white people's crimes to repent, and make good on.
Which they never will because,...they don't have to.
I was 68 in 2018 the last time policemen roughed me up.
I was shoved about, and had a gun held on me.
This for leaving the library one winter's evening while Black.
The first time I was grabbed by white cops was 60 years earlier in 1958. My Ma sent me to the corner store for bread...Wonder bread I think I remember,...and milk for my then baby sister.
I was eight.
There was a purse snatching.
I was Colored I was there,...so I must have done it.
How were most of you doing at eight?
So please be outraged it seems to make you feel better.
Me I'm just waiting for my turn to come again.
Meantime I dream of other realities,...ones with gentle loving beings,...especially Faeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment