Friday, May 20, 2022

"...Kind"



About folks helping elders. I'm 72 still okay gots my marbles and can wander about. Sometimes though there a few problems. Which is why I'm so heartful when sometimes my building neighbors knock and look in on me. Making sure I'm okay and if I need anything from the store. I read it's going up to over 90f tomorrow. I remember a few summers ago, I forgot my hat and water during a heatwave walk. I was dizzy about to fall. Fortunately, I was near my local library. ...above. These are used as heat shelters in NYC. 

Two young college volunteers saw me ran over and helped me up and walked me into the building. The librarians were kind got me water. One asked if I'd like something to read. I thought and asked for the 'Portable Walt Whitman' the Penguin edition. Wasn't expecting it tho' anything like it would have been fine. In a few minutes all smiles she came back and handed me that very volume. I've been wanting to share that story. People at heart are good. 

Life is hard complicated but folks are still kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment