Wednesday, May 18, 2022


The Bronx May19th 11:16am 5019~CE.

I figured that part of the City would be above water. …it was.
There above the ancient subway exit of the 241st Street Avenue stop.
I climbed the overgrown stairway to the open air, and wilderness. What remained of the city was engulfed in tropical rain forest. Much as the Inca towers before it. Giant dragonflies flew above. It was very warm and humid. No people. I assumed these were settled further inland. 3k years is time enough for successor cultures to take root. The city portions above the deeper ocean however was-is-will be inhabited. Small mammals and varieties of insects abound. I sat on a moss covered log and noted in my i-Tablet:
"...I walked this islands wilderness long before the city was built. Now I sit in it's remains after it has fallen into the sea. How brief are empires."

No comments:

Post a Comment