Wednesday, May 18, 2022

“...I Love NY”


I time portaled this morning to West 38th Street Manhattan. October 9th, 1956, 1:43pm.

I was dressed in 2022 a SpaceX sweatshirt Nikes, and Ukraine flag cap. No one noticed. I love NY. I was struck by unfiltered exhausts smog from light industry which was all over the city then. Also a background radiation of cigarette smoke. In them technicolor days everyone over the age of 12 smoked like a chimney. It made me light headed.
I weaved into traffic taking the snap above. ‘Was almost hit by a '53 Hudson delivery van. The guy yelled assorted ethnic slurs, and traffic rules at me. I would have taken his portrait, but didn’t want to start a race riot. I bought a newspaper for three cents and read about the Brooklyn Dodgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment