Wednesday, May 18, 2022

"...There, and Back Again"


My dark matter pocket watch set to random. July 1962. A newsstand proclaims John Glenn in orbit. Jumped a generation earlier. Times Square celebrates the end of WW2. Shimmered. August 16th, 1957, 1:26 pm Jones Beach Long Island. I see my mother walking my toddler sister Silvia by the shore.

Neon blur. A bright fall afternoon. The South Tower is collapsing down upon me. Phased…Beaver Street lower Manhattan 1865. Freedmen coming and going in their first months of Freedom.
Then home. My home my ‘hood my digs. …I’m not there.
Haven’t been for some years. Winter 2068. Warm humid. People dressed for summer. The shore of the Hudson closer. Finally Central Park. October 27th, 3:02pm 1954.
There’s peace in this time in these few acres. The climate not yet visibly changed. A chill in the air the colors at peak. Wind color clouds. In my 2020's base time it would warm with no colors whatever. In this 'when' gents in fedora’s women in long dresses children in cowgirl, and cowboy outfits. I remember. I had one too. All here enjoy the peace of not knowing what’s coming, and little of what’s happened. I sat on a park bench dressed for 2022 yet as always in New York getting no notice. I slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment