Sunday, May 29, 2022



I just came across this old illustration...from a 1950's kid book?

Anyway, looking at it. I imagined that this is just the sort of digs I'd like to either live in...or regularly visit. My grand Aunt Josey had a small play cabin for all her grand nieces, and nephews behind her house. I was blessed not only did I have her, but an amazing Uncle "Louie".
A Merchant Marine,...sailed Convoys in WW2 was torpedoed, and went out again,...he later worked at the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
Building aircraft carriers with his bare hands, Wadda a guy. Him, and Aunt Josey, and the play house she had made for us. Not like the illustration, but the same love put into it.
Speaking of family Uncle Louie is who I came out to when I was 16. I remember he told me to come to him if I had a problem. He said there's nothing I could tell him he ain't heard of or done.
So one Saturday afternoon I went over.
He could see I was in a state so he sat me down, and just said, "...had bad is it?" He had a way of looking stern, and serious yet loving all at the same time. I told him I thought I might like some of the other boys. He blew his top. ...but in an unexpected way.
He said,...said my dear Uncle Louie. He said, "...What?!!!
"Is that all?!!!,..."
"I thought you got a girl pregnant!"
Turns our he my grandma my ma, and all my aunts knew since I was born. They always called me,...sensitive. Code for,...well "sensitive".
Mind you my teen years like everyone's was hell in a speeding burning dumpster. However my family cut me slack on the Queer thing. Most I later found don't.
If I make a movie of my life, and times that scene with Uncle goes in...that, and when we all saw a UFO.

No comments:

Post a Comment