Sunday, December 4, 2022


Day 284.

From my COVID Journals. December 4, 2020.

These are hard times, and I had a tuff day. ...still hopeful tho'.
Days are so short. Dark by 4:30. I turn in about 8pm....wake at 3 or 4am rinse repeat. 'Was out today. Post office to pay bills...while I still can. Passed the library. Still closed for duration.
I ran into the masked security guy, ...Evans, stationed in front.
The whole 'Hood knows him now. We all pass say hi socially distance chat. We yacked about stuff the election the weird weather, and what they're doing inside the library. The whole crew still comes to work...good union.
The place is being worked on...cleaned painted expanded nice stuff. Anyway, I wished him well and wandered on. Life goes on even now even here. I went shopping for essentials plus ice cream.
That's the whole point of this post.
I got that Oatly stuff. Ice cream made from oats...??? 100% Vegan so they sez. What will they think of next.
It tastes like ice cream with a vague doughy feel. It'll have to do.
I had a little.
I pasted some on crackers like peanut butter...not bad.
'Was so tempted to suck up the whole pint in one go. Like in the old days. You been there. Pint of vanilla almond while surfing or watching TV. Almost got two pints...but ya know.
In the interests of not blowing my blood sugar to hell I restrained myself. Anyway, I feel slightly better. Thank gawd for ice cream...even the weird kind.
Btw thanks for voting...you saved the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment