Friday, December 30, 2022

“...go west young lady”

 


This a story I wrote for my radio program over 20 years ago...it's very brief.

Once upon a time...

In my alternate history American West there were no Genocides. No Slavery wanton murder or mayhem. In this other history the meetings of peoples on this continent was peaceful. Natives, and settlers were all pals from the start. That, and nobody bothered them Woodland Spirits either. In this happier West I play out my Cowboy Dreams. 

This Wild West was a cool happy one. We ride horses, and anything else that will let us. We sing to the stars do out of body stuff have poetry slams, and generally hang out. We plant crops gardens and leave the oil and gold in the ground. Lots of hard work but everyone has a swell time. That, and we do big Bar-B-Q with nice veggie tables. 

We get power from da sun and that Tesla guy invented the electric guitar 100 years early. I gots lots of Indian, and Paleface pals, and we have square dances every night in town. Years ago, I performed this little dream for my friend George Stonefish. He produced the Native programs at the station. He told me he'd like to visit my dream West. This because he could go home. He'd have his Country back.

No comments:

Post a Comment