Sunday, December 4, 2022

 


Macy's, the day after Thanksgiving 1948. It was another time. It's like they're going to the theater. Here in Tomorrowland, they'd be trampling each other over Korean half priced flat screens or toasters. In them days people not only behaved better they dressed for success too. I remember my dad wearing a jacket, and tie just to take me, and my sister to the park. No not Central Park. Just to the small neighborhood park a few blocks away. He, and all the adults I saw were respectfully dressed. No matter their means it mattered. How they appeared was a statement about their family and themselves. To respect others, you must respect yourself. I miss that time. For all its injustice it's contradictions it was nonetheless a more civil, and civilized era.

No comments:

Post a Comment