Friday, January 21, 2022

"...a day in the life"

 


From my journals. January 2018.

My life once full of such comings, and goings responsibilities dramas comedies, and some tragedies. Such has become so simple. Quiet even. Sleep is asymmetrical. I woke @ an odd hour. Showered cleaned the bathroom the kitchen floor and hung my sox on the radiator to dry.

That radiator that Santa has yet to emerge from.
I had apple slices nuts and answered an overnight email from my old radio friend Sharon. She asks after my health, and post-op doings. She's a dear pal. Made a shopping list. I'm out of everything, and plan to go to the library as well.
Nurse Perez is coming this afternoon.
My windows shudder with the Zero-degree winds. Frost forms on my sills. Though still no snow here all winter.
I want a big snow just one. I want to fall asleep watching the snow then wake up to it watch more. Watch the swirling snow whipping at the trees. Then sleep again.
This might be my last chance for this.
Took my meds which knocked me out. Good Nurse Perez woke me. She comes a few times a week to see if I'm still alive, and how the healing is coming.
So far so good.
I enjoy our visits. The only folks that actually see me at home now are medical techs that shovel me up for transport to hospital. Them, and folks from the City government that check on elders, and now visiting nurses.
They all comment on my digs. It's tidy, and Zen empty.
I hear from them that most folks live in some version of "Hoarders". ...or worse. We're a culture of acquisition. I think I was absent that day at class.
Nurse Perez left I took a nap, and all was well in my world.
Till I woke up checked my list of to-do's ...I need that now.
Got dressed for the Arctic and went shopping...library too. There, and back again...it's such an adventure now.
Got stuff and borrowed two books plus a video. Which I may or may not read or watch.
Sat read more wrote some including this act of ego...hey it's my page. On Moon rise I took several shots and posted them. Took more meds and slept.
That's really all I do now. ...that, and Social Services sometimes.
Rinse...repeat.
The upside I still live and am mostly still in one piece.
Though yes now I am very aware.
Aware of the so far unseen wings that daily brush me.

No comments:

Post a Comment