Wednesday, January 5, 2022

 "... Sleeping with Omicron"


So many dreams horrors, and wonders in Brownian motion.

I’m not sure if I dreamed this or did it, however: Once upon a time.
I took my dark matter pocket watch tapped in June 1956 CE, Queens. This to my aunt Agnes’s house. I walked a familiar block. Went to her side window. There she was with my then toddler cousin Henry. How I miss them and that far away world. I stood for a moment. Watched as they lived their lives. Quiet so precious. Walked on.
Lightning bugs. There were fireflies in and about the lawns, and hedges. These vanished in the 21st century. A Dairy Queen. Then new to the City. Think Starbucks with ice cream. I had a Sherbert cone and chatted with the lone clerk.
He asked about how I was dressed. I said I was from 2021. Came to look up family. Clerks see everything so wasn’t surprised. I said “…for me they all passed long ago.” Said he was sorry. Wanted to know if we went to the moon. I said yes …Mars too. He nodded. He was cool.
I paid with a 2018-dollar bill. Pressed recall shimmered neon blue. Poof …gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment