Saturday, October 9, 2021

"...dragonflies"



I set my portal pocket watch for farthest I’ve ever gone. Three thousand years. The fifty first century.

Specifically the Bronx May19th 11:16am EST, 5019~CE.

I figured that part of the former City would still be above water. …it was. 
There above the the remains of an ancient subway exit. The 241st Street/Wakefield Avenue stop. 
I climbed the overgrown stairway to the open air, and wilderness. What remained of the city was engulfed in tropical rain forest. Much as the Inca towers before it. 

Giant dragonflies flew above me. 
It was very warm, and humid. No trace of people as far as I could see.
However the city portions above the deeper ocean is home to insects, and small mammals. 
I sat on a moss covered log, and read my emails. How brief are empires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment