Tuesday, October 5, 2021



I time portaled. Peach Bonnet Wisconsin December 21st 3:26pm 1904.

A Wednesday early evening. Yule decorations were up. Not as many nor gaudy as later years. They were very homespun. Warmly sincere. The quiet strikes you. The air pristine. A sky so clear stars were appearing. Though early dusk.

The main street unpaved. Shops gas lit. So quiet.

A woman with a child came out of a Sundry store. A 7-11 to us. The child four? Born with the new century. The woman grinned, and nodded to me the child openly smiled. People not yet afraid of strangers.

I walked this place.

This peaceful though no doubt complex human place. So unknowing of the terrors, and wonders to come.
I took a quick snap of folks across the way. This with a period box camera. As new to them as 3-D iPhones to us.
I'll come back in Spring when Peach Bonnet will be in full leaf.

With that I shifted back to Tomorrowland.

No comments:

Post a Comment