Thursday, October 21, 2021

"...Flow"






A few photos I took while “Houseless” on the Outside. 

There are many morning shots because come dawn I had to clear out. The alley shown is one of where I rested,…not slept. This till my sister put me up in hotels while a home could be found, and renovated. 

Even then I’d crouch, and doze in the corner of the hotel room. Laying down was not done.  On the street such is suicide. I’d position myself so I could see every angle out there. Even in a four star hotel I listened for movement. 

The habit was with me for years after. That first hotel night I felt heard 86 movements. I remember because I wrote it into a journal I kept. I had meant one day to do a one person act based on it. I never did. 

I left or tried to leave it behind me. It was a long while before I could sleep in a bed. Longer before I stopped counting sounds. Try that. Count the movements that surround you. You will find that even birds have shadows. 

This will give you a sense of the outside. I don’t write these notes to upset. I write because I must. Sometimes like now it just comes back. Like a memory of war. I can’t stop it only flow with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment