Tuesday, October 5, 2021



I was feeling lonely edgy the Yule stuff can do that. I got my time portal unit out of the fridge. Eh,...it keeps better under 48f. I set it for farthest than I've ever gone. Three thousand years.


5018~CE.
Specifically the Bronx Thursday February 26th 11:16am 5018~CE. I figured that part of the former City would be above water. ...it was. There you see the ancient subway exit of the #2 IRT line. The 241st Street/Wakefield Avenue stop.

I climbed the overgrown stone stairway to an open air of wilderness. What was still of the city was engulfed in semi-tropical rain forest. Much as the Inca cities were before it. Though late winter it was very warm, and humid.
Giant dragonflies flew above.

No trace of people as far as I could see.

Though they may be further inland. 3k years is long enough for a successor culture to take root,...I hope. However New York the portions above the deeper ocean is home to insects, and small mammals.

I sat on a moss covered log, and read my emails.
Oh how brief are empires.

Comments:

Sidney Smith
In my time travels I've walked the Manhattan wilderness before the city was built, and sat in it's rain forest after most of it sank into the sea.

Katharina Gentie
The long view you describe is curiously peaceful...


No comments:

Post a Comment