Tuesday, October 5, 2021



"There, and Back Again" ...again.

I portaled. Day date on my dark matter pocket watch set to random. 
July 1962. A newsstand proclaims Telstar. The very first Com-sat. Jumped a generation earlier. Smoke shadows. Lenox Avenue. The Great Harlem Riots 1935. Shimmered. August 16th 1955, 1:26 pm Jones Beach Long Island. I see my mother walking my toddler sister Sylvia by the the shore.

Neon blur.
The South Tower is collapsing down upon me. Shimmer,...Beaver Street lower Manhattan 1866. Freedmen coming, and going in their first months of Freedom.
...and again.
Home. My home my 'hood my digs. ...I'm not there.
Haven't been I imagine for some time. Winter 2049. Warm humid. People dressed for summer. The shore of the Hudson closer.

At last I set my dark matter unit for Central Park. Just south of the Bridge. October 5th 4:02pm 1960.
I come here often. There's peace in this time in these few acres. The climate not yet visibly changed. A chill in the air the colors coming to peak.
In my base time in the 2020's it would still be warm with no colors whatever. In this when,...gents in fedora's women in skirts children in cowgirl, and cowboy outfits. I remember I had one too.

Wind color clouds.
All here enjoy the peace of not knowing what's coming, and little of what's happened.
I sat on a park bench dressed for 2018 yet as always in New York getting no notice.

I slept.

Comment:

Sidney Smith
I wrote this while in hospital.
I borrowed a pencil, and scribbled it on the back of a ward memo.
Sometimes you just have to write.


Sidney Smith
My pocket dark matter Temporal Portal unit.





No comments:

Post a Comment