Tuesday, October 5, 2021


 "Good"

This morning I portaled to just outside of Kittery Maine. Tuesday 11:47am April 22nd 1938. I had thought I'd be alone. I often like to wander the countryside of past eras. I happened on this family with car trouble.. They asked if I knew about engines. I said no. I was a writer. The older lady said, "...oh for them Colored newspapers?" I said,. "...in a way." We chatted,...they were a farm family. Generous they offered me some of their packed lunch.
"Anne Frank had a point, "People are at heart good".

A Comment from my old friend Peter.:

Peter Cedric Rock Smith
I live just ten miles south of Kittery, ME. A very charming town, and through which one must pass to access the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. During WWII, the shipyard built about a third of the American submarines used in that conflict. Though the shipyard is called the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, it's not actually in Portsmouth, NH at all, but is on the Maine side of the Piscataquis river.

No comments:

Post a Comment