Tuesday, October 5, 2021



 January 21, 2019

 
Shared with Public
Public
A Day in the Life. ...January 2019
My life once full of such comings, and goings responsibilities dramas, and comedies. Such has become so simple. Quiet even. My sleep is asymmetrical. I woke at an odd hour. Showered cleaned the bathroom the kitchen, and hung my sox on the radiator to dry.

That radiator that Santa has yet to emerge from.
Still waiting for that damned English racer bike from 1961 dammit.
I had apple slices nuts, cashews yum! That, and answered an email from my old radio friend Sharon. She asks after my health, and post-op doings. She's a dear pal. Made a shopping list,...I'm out of everything, and plan to go to the library as well.

Nurse Perez is coming this afternoon.
My windows shudder with the Zero degree winds. Frost forms on my sills. Though still no snow I want a big snow!  I want to fall asleep watching a blizzard white out. Then wake up, and see more. Watch as it swirls thunders my windows and whips at the trees. 

Took my meds which knocked me out. 
Dear Nurse Perez woke me. She comes a few times a week to see how the healing is coming. So far so good. I enjoy our visits. The only folks that see me at home these days are medical folks. Them, and wonks from City government. These check on elders to see if we're still alive.

They all comment on my digs. It's tidy, and Zen empty.
I hear from them that most elder folks live in some version of "Hoarders". We're a culture of acquisition. I think I was absent that day at class.

Nurse Perez left I took a nap, and all was well.
I woke late afternoon checked my list of to do's,...I need that now. A list. I bleeping forget stuff.
Got dressed for the Arctic, and went shopping,...library too. 
There, and back again.It's all such an adventure. Even the simplest things now. Anyway two books plus a video from the library. Which I may or may not read or watch. Sat wrote some including this act of selfish ego,...hey it's my page. 
On Moon rise took several shots posted them. ...more meds, and slept. A lot of sleeping you'll note. The older we get the more like children, and cats we become.
Rinse,...repeat.
The upside I'm still in one piece,...mostly.
Though now I am very aware. Aware of unseen wings that daily brush us.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment