Saturday, February 24, 2018

"FB Chat-Homeless"


Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, table and outdoor


Gary Introne Thank you, David James, Sidney Smith, Sean Symborski, Tracy Billings, and Arunav Barua. gar

Sidney Smith I note her swollen ankles. The same happened to me when I was homeless 10 years ago. This because you are always moving you can't stop anywhere for too long. Cops crazies property owners come after you. You can't lay down anywhere to actually sleep. Like this woman I crouched where I could for 10 or 15 minute kat-naps, and moved on. All this puts weight, and pressure on the feet, and ankles...they swell. This is also why the Homeless always look so exhausted,...because the are. They're sleep deprived.
Gary Introne True again, Sidney. The swollen ankles (and the general demeanor) are very fair guideposts to determine an authentic, wandering, homeless. The tired, plumpish bedragglement, the off-hand collection of possessions being dragged around, and the almost narcoleptic nodding off and innattention to things are also true-to-form. These are the ones for whom I really break. I do feel there are plenty of other, not so authentic, ones around, but that's a subjective call not to be made except for my own use. gar

Sidney Smith New Homeless of course look healthier. Their coats, and such are fresher they can almost pass for a housed employed person. This fades in a few weeks to a month. After that they take on the traditional look of our wanderer class. it's near 10 years since I become a person again. However like a vet of an unpopular war no one wants to know about what you've been through. I found there were no services or consoling for those returned from the street. So like my brother after the war I was on my own. You see so few come back from all that there's no infrastructure to help. To this day I drag around all that happened. To me it was not 10 years ago, but yesterday. It will ''always' be yesterday like it is for those home from a war no one cares about.


Gary Introne Pretty resilient bunch, usually.
Manage
Reply18m
Sidney Smith The long term ones yes. The sick or crazy die off fast. The scammers go to jail. The strong or those with some wit survive. It was these that helped me find my way in that world. It's somewhat though not exactly like the depression era Hobos. They have a code. This keeps them functioning.
Manage
Reply16m

No comments:

Post a Comment