Thursday, February 8, 2018

"...for the record"




There's some posting on what ages the last 20th century vets of WW2 the Cold War, & *U.S. Culture Wars will live to. It goes:

"I think that last WW2 veteran dies on 2020's."
"Last Nazi Concentration Camp survivor might live until 2025. How long youngest one? If we suppose that youngest has born in 1945 and was newborn baby when was released, they might survive to early 2050's."

These dates based on "longest living" as some live to be 105+ or more now.

"Last Korean Veteran: Perhaps to the late 2020's.
Last Vietnam veteran: probably to 2055.
Last person who has lived during Cold War: Maybe in early 22nd century.
Last Soviet citizen, USSR/CCCP fell in 1989: if a child then sometime in the 2090's
Last East German/DDR citizen: the 2090's"

*(...I imagine myself aka Uncle Sidney as a vet of the Great American Culture Wars 1968-present may hang around till the late 2030's,...maybe even 2040 or so.)
Sidney Smith The 2nd world war was still the biggest thing in the world when I was a child in the 1950's. I mean in that era all over the world most adults had fought in or been in some major way affected by WW2. Every adult such as my father. The father of every friend at school the teachers too were soldiers in that war. My mother my friends mothers were war workers in some way. My Dad was in the Air Corps. My uncles the Navy, and Army. My Mom worked at Grumman, and built F-4 Navy fighter planes,...the bleeping swell "Hellcat!" That thing along with the Corsair turned the tide in the air war in the Pacific.Manage

My Mom was a "Rosie da Riveter", and built fighter planes to kick the fucking Nazis, and Imperial Nipponese into next Tuesday.Manage

No comments:

Post a Comment